Return and Cancellation Policy
PowerHouse’s good name depends on Vendors adhering to this Return and Cancellation Policy to ensure customer satisfaction with every purchase of our Vendor’s Products.
When a Vendor’s customer contacts us, our initial response is to assist getting technical support or customer service for the customer from the Vendor of the Product that the customer purchased.
This Return and Cancellation Policy applies to sales of Products:
- submitted for sale on the PowerHouse Marketplace; and
- completed through the PowerHouse Platform.
This Return and Cancellation Policy does not apply to sales of goods and services:
- not submitted for sale on the PowerHouse Marketplace, even if they are sold by PowerHouse Clients who have made use of the PowerHouse Services to complete such sales; or
- completed other than through the PowerHouse Platform.
Such sales are governed by policies set by the seller.
PowerHouse’s Product Return Policy
Our return policy for all Products submitted for sale on the PowerHouse Marketplace is as follows:
- PowerHouse allows each Vendor to determine the appropriate return, replacement or cancellation policy for its Products (each a “Vendor Return Policy”). See the Section 3(a) and Section 4 of the Client Contract for more information.
Each Vendor will make its Vendor Return Policy readily available to customers prior to purchase of a Product. If the applicable Vendor allows for returns, replacements or cancellations, PowerHouse will allow for the return or replacement of any Product purchased using the PowerHouse Services in accordance with the applicable Vendor Return Policy.
For recurring billing Products, returns for more than one payment may be provided if requested within the time stated in the Vendor Return Policy.
- Customers requesting a return after expiration of the return period set forth in the applicable Vendor Return Policy will be required to work directly with the Vendor for technical support or customer service. Vendors may process a return, on behalf of a customer, up to 90 days after the date of purchase.
- If a customer requests a return and the return is approved, the money for the requested transaction shall be refunded back to the customer, in part or whole.
If the return is for a recurring billing Product, then the return policy allows for the most recent payment to be refunded. Multiple payment returns can be provided as long as they are within the applicable Vendor Return Policy. A return on a recurring billing Product will also result in cancellation.
Returns will only be credited back to the account used to make the original purchase. If the original account has been closed, the purchase is not eligible for return.
- When a Product is returned, the customer generally receives a full refund. Payouts from that sale are debited back out of the corresponding Vendor and Affiliate accounts.
Reasons Why a Purchase May be Refunded
To promote customer satisfaction, PowerHouse at its sole discretion reserves the right to require that you reverse a sale for any reason, including but not limited to the following:
- if the customer provides a valid reason for requesting a return within the timeframe permitted in the applicable Vendor Return Policy;
- subject to PowerHouse confirming the validity of the reason, if within 90 days of purchase the Vendor of the Product requests a return on the customer’s behalf;
- if the customer provides satisfactory proof that the transaction was fraudulent or unauthorised;
- in order to comply with credit card industry rules, Payments NZ industry rules, PayPal terms of service, Stripe terms of service, New Zealand law, and requests from applicable New Zealand courts or law enforcement agents; or
- for any other reason PowerHouse deems appropriate.
PowerHouse’s Cancellation Policy
A customer may cancel a Product with a recurring billing subscription at any time. A cancellation means that no future payments will be charged to the customer’s account. The cancellation of a recurring billing Product does not generate a refund – it will only stop future payments.
Abuse of the Return Policy
Note to PowerHouse Clients
You expressly agree and acknowledge that the terms and conditions contained in this Return and Cancellation Policy are incorporated within the PowerHouse Client Contract (the “Client Contract”), and you expressly acknowledge that you have read this Return and Cancellation Policy and agree to comply with and be bound by all of its terms and conditions as a requirement of creating and maintaining an account with PowerHouse. Capitalised terms used but not defined in this Return and Cancellation Policy shall have the same meanings ascribed to them in the Client Contract.
If at any time you do not agree with any part of this Return and Cancellation Policy, you agree that your sole remedy is to cease any further use of the PowerHouse Services and terminate your account, in which case you agree that any activity that transpired prior to the date of such termination shall be governed in full by this Return and Cancellation Policy.